Ask an SOS Academic Support Coordinator
Do you have questions for our SOS academic support coordinators? Please ask us!
Meet with an Academic Support Coordinator
Our professional academic support coordinators are ready to help you with choosing a major, registering for courses, completing graduation requirements, locating scholarships, setting goals, and beyond.
How to Make an Appointment:
- include your full name, your student ID#, and the best phone number to reach you
- identify the nature of the appointment (what do you want help with?)
- indicate the specific academic support coordinator you wish to see, if you have one in mind
Drop-in Advising Hours:
You can also come to our drop-in hours when you have a quick question. Most appointments are about 15 minutes on a first-come, first-served basis. Drop-in advising appointments can also be made by calling us at (360) 650-7443 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Monday – Friday:
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
The mission of SOS academic advising is to assist students in achieving their academic goals through the development of educational plans and access to campus resources.
Academic advising provides students with the opportunity to build a relationship with the academic support coordinator. Together they can:
- set educational goals (choose a major, register for classes, etc.)
- identify the skills needed for academic success
- discover how to access the resources and services at the University
Academic advising is a shared educational process. Students and the academic support coordinator partner to:
- meet essential learning outcomes
- ensure academic success
- outline steps for the achievement of personal, academic and career goals
A successful academic support coordinator/student partnership requires participation and commitment, as it is built over the student’s entire educational experience at Western.